Solo guitar music can be difficult to perform but I really enjoyed putting the music together for the gig I played last week. Combining chords, melody, improvising and keeping a groove are essential elements in this endeavor. This was a great challenge and sparked new ideas and approaches within my practice routine. Hope you enjoy the video!
- Green Tea - John Scofield
- All The Things You Are - Jerome Kern
- What's Goin' On - Marvin Gaye
- Heart of Gold - Neil Young
- Tenor Madness - Sonny Rollins
- Black Bird - Paul McCartney
- Gravity - John Mayer
- Up Jumped Spring - Freddie Hubbard
- Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan
- White Room/Layla - Eric Clapton
- Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
- On Green Dolphin St. - Bronislau Kaper
- Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
"Broken Glass" is written by Ciara Cisneros, a young and talented singer-songwriter in the East Valley. The tune began as a solo guitar and vocal performance but Ciara and I collaborated to transform the tune in to a full production recording with drums, bass, synthesizers, back up and harmonized vocal parts. Ciara performed all the guitar and vocal parts and I performed the drum and bass parts. I added synthesizers, mixed and mastered the track.
If you like what you hear on the track and are looking for composition/songwriting lessons and or audio production for any of your songs contact me to set up a free consultation.